Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm disappearing off the face of the Earth for 4 days.

I've planned myself a fairly rigorous schedule for this weekend. I'll be volunteering at the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival, and, when I'm not working, I'll be seeing as many movies as I'm allowed to. If everything goes as planned, my schedule will look exactly like what you see below. Any time I don't have listed, I'll probably be either eating, walking around, and trying a feeble attempt at networking.

Thursday, April 2nd:
10:15am - 11:40am - Mechanical Love: "Exploring the possibility of love between humans and robots, this film challenges the conceptions of companionship and loneliness in the modern age."

1pm - 2:50pm - Rough Aunties: "A close-knit, multi-racial group of women activists help find justice and healing for victims of child rape in South Africa."

3pm - 9pm - Volunteer work and hopefully dinner.

9:30pm - 11:25pm - We Live In Public: "A provocative look at a frenzied decade in the life of Josh Harris, internet pioneer, social engineer and performance artist."

Friday, April 3rd:
10:45am - 12:15pm - Utopia, Part 3: "A monument to consumerism, the South China Mall is missing two important pieces: stores and shoppers." And on the B-roll, Supermen of Malegaon: "Documenting a localized remake of Superman in economically depressed Malegaon, India, this film captures a very particular example of the primal fun of movies around the world."

1:00pm - 2:55pm - I may or may not have time to see Salt and Salonica, since they end almost at 3pm, but I will try to see them. If not, I will just matriculate, network, and hang out. I guess eating lunch will be a good idea.

3pm - 9pm - Volunteer work.

10pm - 11:50pm - Bitch Academy: "In St. Petersburg, bitch really is the new black as attractive and accomplished young women enroll in the Vixen Academy to learn how to “turn off their heads” around men and dance like strippers for imaginary sugar daddies."

Saturday, April 4th:
8am - 6pm - Volunteer work. This is the long day of work, where I put in all those hours for all the free film I'm getting to see. Whew. And if I still have the energy.....

8:30pm - 10:30pm - Boy, Interrupted: "Filmmaker Dana Perry reveals an extraordinarily personal document of her son’s mental illness and the grief and questions surrounding his suicide at the age of 15."

10:45pm - 12:20 am - Miroir Noir: "Arcade Fire makes beautiful and moody music and Vincent Morrisett has made a beautiful and moody film about the making of their critically acclaimed 2007 album Neon Bible."

Sunday, April 5th:
10:30am - 12:30pm - This Sporting Life Panel: "Filmmakers and subjects from our series come together to discuss the allure and profound success of the sports film genre."

3pm - 6pm - Volunteer work.

After this, there's a rescreening of award winners, so hopefully I will get to see a film that I missed three days prior. As you can imagine, I will review every film I see, when I get the time, for this blog. Stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment